Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girl with headphones painting & prints.


I just finished a little painting for a Japanese DJ named McGEE HOMME. The artwork is for the cover of his house mix CD.

I used watercolour for everything except the headphones & details. I used black Liquitex ink for the headphones. For the fine details like the eye lashes, nostrils, and curled hairs I used different coloured Liquitex inks.

I love the Liquitex inks. Great fluidity with the brush. Gives you amazing line work that acrylic paints can't reproduce.

I will be making this painting into limited edition prints. So STAY TUNED!!!! I have a lot of prints in the making. I've been trying to find the time and money to get more produced.

If you can't afford to acquire original artwork.......a limited edition print (signed and numbered) is the next best thing. It's more affordable, and you'll have something to increase the size of your art collection.

Later on down the road when you die of old age, the grandchildren can take your art collection to the Antiques Roadshow to have the art appraised and then sell it on eBay. Everyone wins!!!! :]

http://www.bookoffaces.com/shop.html


This is my second blog entry, so I'm still learning the ins and outs of publishing my mundane life.